Friday, March 20, 2009

Only dead fish go with the flow.

Some days I enjoy studying. I guess today was one of those days. I wonder what makes that so?
Too bad it doesn't happen often.

I can remember when I was younger-- I used to hide in my secret fort within the trees at my aunt's house. It was war with the Indians one day and English men the next. I'd draw out the attack plans on the dark dirt with an oak stick. Some days an older friend of mine would take part too. Ahh, sweet memories. Now I find myself between the trees of Wingate, drawing out the plans of my future. Attempting to do this in accordance to God's will, I add. A focused college student one day and a carefree dreamer the next. Ahh, and the friends that accompany. These are notably some of my finer days.

Oh how the weekend will bring some nice live tunes by Shane & Shane. Lucky me.


And why not conclude with a Deep Thought by Jack Handy:
If you ever catch on fire, try to avoid looking in a mirror, because I bet that will really throw you into a panic.

No comments:

Post a Comment