Sunday, February 14, 2010

A Difference.

"If You're really inside changing my life You would shine, You would be evident. There's a difference."

"And everyone who thus hopes in him purifies himself as he is pure... By this it is evident who are the children of God, and who are the children of the devil; whoever does not practice righteousness is not of God, nor is the one who does not love his brother." 1 John 3:3 & 10

Is it evident to those around me, that my actions emulate a life of Hope that is placed in Christ?
I am certain that if my life is centered around Christ, it would be evident.
It would be evident because of the righteousness I have obtained through faith. It would be evident because of the love I have for my brother. It would be evident because of the selflessness and humility that I display through the example of putting others before myself. My joy, hope, peace, patience, and satisfaction in Christ alone would make it evident.
And yet at times, in actuality, I feel that its not--evident.

When I begin to question this dilemma, I quickly realize that it revolves around my understanding of love. I am fully aware of Christ's presence--His living presence, inside of me. I am aware because I experience His grace and love. It is when I fail to completely embrace this idea of love that his presence, although it does exist inside of me, is not evident. It is when I fail to realize that his love isn't fully encompassed by a feeling but demonstrated through action.

It is God's presence that ignites this comforting feeling of love that demands action. This move of action that demonstrates His presence. Action that shows concern for a brother, and service to the needy. Action that provides evidence--evidence indicating the presence of Christ.

I pray that my actions would be evidence for Christ's presence inside me. I pray that not only would I be satisfied with my knowledge of Him living in me, but that I would be compelled to act in love and allow others to witness his presence in my life as well.


God is huge and awesome. It is time that his presence in us is evident by our actions for Him.
I'm ready to move big for God.

By the way, I went cloud hopping on Saturday. It was cool. You should check out the pics.







"The same power that conquered the grave, Lives in me."

1 comment: