Wednesday, April 8, 2009

No Greater Love.



This is real.

A story about a real God who understood what real love was. A story about a Father who gave his only son. A real God who truly loves us. A real story that involves us. A real death and a real punishment that was caused by us. Because of our sins. These things that we do daily that please ourselves and deny God. Because of us a perfect son paid the price for our failures. This is real. This is real and this realness--it scares me. I am so undeserving. I am unworthy. I did this. This is real.

I have nothing to give that could repay for what I have done. I have nothing to offer but my life. I am compelled to move. To act. I didn't deserve this salvation that has been given to me but I want to show that I'm thankful. I want to get to know this man who gave everything so that I might know his Father. I want to love him back, since he showed me what real love is. I want to continue to move closer to this God. He is my desire. My one true, real desire. I will not be silent. I will move foward into this real world and proclaim this Love.

This is real...

No comments:

Post a Comment